- Peter SullivanCEO
- Andrew FriesHead of External Affairs
- Eric ParkerVP of Lottery Operations
- Leo ShemeshCTO
- Sarah ArvizoPR Specialist
Year of inception: 2013
Jackpocket is the first mobile app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to place orders for official state lottery tickets. The platform combines an innovative ticket processing system with a sleek smartphone app, which frees lotteries from the limitations of the traditional retail model. As a no-cost, no-integration turnkey platform, Jackpocket helps state lotteries drive incremental revenue, while attracting new customers who otherwise would not be active lottery players.
Recently, Jackpocket made headlines in Minnesota when a 20-year-old college student became the first person to win $1 million or more using a mobile lottery courier service, just a day after he downloaded the app.
How Jackpocket Works
- Regulations: Jackpocket works closely with lottery commissions to ensure it can operate within existing statues, as well as create a regulated industry around courier services. All tickets are purchased at officially licensed state retailers.
- Ownership: Jackpocket is the only mobile courier service that provides players with a scan of both sides of their physical lottery ticket, along with the ticket serial number that’s been assigned to their identity, safeguarding against theft or loss of ticket.
- Technology: Jackpocket’s proprietary ticket-scanning technology harnesses machine learning to rapidly process orders at scale.
- Variety: Jackpocket is the only mobile app to offer access to the widest variety of official lottery games, including Powerball and Mega Millions, as well as state-specific offerings like Gopher 5, Lucky for Life, Pick 3 / 4, and more.
- Ticket Locking: Jackpocket’s unique app feature ties a player’s physical lottery ticket to their personal identity, establishing them as the sole and rightful owner. Once a ticket is purchased on a player’s behalf, it’s scanned into the Jackpocket system; players receive an email containing their ticket’s information, including name, date of birth, ticket serial number, and numbers selected. When the ticket is processed, players can see the scan of both sides of their paper ticket within the app.
- Pools: Launched in August 2018, Jackpocket’s Pools feature lets thousands of players across multiple jurisdictions pool their Powerball or Mega Millions tickets in one combined pot for a better chance to win.
- Autoplay: Players can opt into the autoplay subscription mode and be automatically entered into drawings using Quick Pick numbers or those of their choosing, so they never miss a play.
Security and Compliance
- Jackpocket handles transactions using best-in-class financial technology, including Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, as well as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Jackpocket validates the geo-coordinates of every play, ensuring each purchase occurs within legal state boundaries.
- Player identities are authenticated by age and geolocation verification.
- Jackpocket is also committed to creating a more responsible lottery system, by leveraging a rich dataset to identify problem gamblers, and restricting play where necessary.
- Jackpocket safeguards against abusive gameplay by imposing a $100 daily limit for each user. Players can also set their own spending limits under that amount.
- Within the app, users can also access the National Council on Problem Gambling hotline.